Wednesday, April 7, 2010

#7 Gravity Release Me And Don't Ever Hold Me Down


NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April. This is my attempt at 30 poems in 30 days.

These hands, my greatest weapons
They will be great
I know this
I have heard it said
These hands, meant for service
they know how to imitate
They learn in different ways
They play so they can learn to create

Give me more chances to fail without being a failure
to learn where they would not humiliate
let us remove these barriers
and if we cannot then let them depreciate
so that they are no longer a hindrance
let knowlege permeate
and give these hands,
these creator hands, a chance to be great.

- Daryl Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment